Tuesday 1 June 2010

What I have learnt so far...

1. When a plant plug goes limp in places or even fully, it's not the end of the world. Just water it some more and the rest will thrive and even the limp bits might plump up again.

2. Even slightly damaged plants can perk up. They will be scarred but can carry on quite happily with a bit of love.

3. I won't worry about poking trailing plants through a planter/basket liner ever again. After looking at other baskets, which I hadn't done before, I noticed quite a few hadn't bothered to do this and the trailers had trailed better for it. The other option would be to cut out a curved section rather than an actual hole.

4. I will line a basket, next time, with a plastic bag with drainage holes to slow down water drainage.

As you can probably guess, I came home to find that the days rain had perked the baskets up and there is one beautiful flower in the planter. It is a white flower which is a little strange as the bloom-ed plant is a blue isotoma. But I'm not complaining.

Blimey! I am sat here smiling thinking I may have it in me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment